Twenty-year-old singer/songwriter Shawn C was born and raised at the Lake of the Ozarks. Shawn started performing publicly in 2009, and in the summer of 2011 he began playing regularly at lakeside restaurants.
Shawn studied in Nashville and received his audio engineering certificate from Dark Horse Institute in 2015. He is now back at Lake of the Ozarks performing, producing and recording.
Shawn wrote, performed and produced his second album, Love Is, in 2013.
Lake Lifestyles Magazine featured Shawn in Oct. 2012 as “The Lake’s Youngest One-Man-Band,” and he was the recipient of the 2012 Outstanding Youth Award from the Camdenton Area Chamber of Commerce. During his 2012 season he released his first album, Chasing Echoes. Shawn has made a variety of radio appearances, and 101.9 The Wave has aired several of the tracks from his CD.
Shawn now entertains in a variety of venues. In addition to lakeside restaurants, recent events have included:
- Private Parties and Weddings
- Business Customer Appreciation Events
- Block Parties (Homeowners’ Associations)
- Conferences and Association Annual Dinners
- College Alumni Events
- Festivals and Pageants
Shawn also supports several organizations by playing fundraiser events like:
- Arts in the Park (inspiring other youth to pursue their dreams)
- Relay for Life
- Totes for Ta-Ta’s
- Forget-Me-Not Ball
- Dogwood Animal Shelter – Deck the Docks, Howl-O-Ween, Fundraiser Dinner
- Lake Ozark Watershed Alliance – 2 Dam Days
- Community Foundation – Champagne Campaign
- Christmas for Kids
- Halo Foundation fundraising galas